Since 2023 will be the first year of our 10-year vision plan, we would like to share with you some of the "behind the scenes" work we will be doing in order to give you the very best of Nebraska Shakespeare.
- Look for several special events that focus on building and celebrating community including;
- FIRE & ICE Signature Cocktail Season Launch Party
- the long-awaited return of our CIRCLE O' KENT Celebration
- the state-wide artistic program, THE ART OF SHAKESPEARE Gallery show
- and the inaugural season of THE BARD’S SOFA; A SHAKESPEARIAN CHAUTAUQUA. (Details to be announced late fall 2022)
We will take apart and rebuild our signature programs with the goal of realigning our work with our Values and Mission, to maximize impact and advance our Vision. That work includes;
- CAMP SHAKESPEARE with a curriculum for learning that empowers young people to find their voices for personal expression while creating community, expressing their creativity, and learning skills that they can carry forward all based on State and National Educational Standards, taught by educators and inspired by working artists.
- SHAKESPEARE ON THE GREEN. Expect a “festival” that centers on Great Art and Nebraska while creating an engaging and world-class customer experience! We will create expanded offerings from the stage in order to build community, increase participation and give you more of what you love about our signature summer program. We will convene a community gathering in September to "Imagine" what this festival CAN BE in the coming years!
- FALL EDUCATIONAL TOUR. Our Fall Educational Tour combines Great Art with rich educational experiences and community engagement opportunities to create a powerful vehicle for personal exploration, community discovery, and unique educational opportunities. With a tight focus on increasing the educational value of this program by connecting State and National Educational Standards to a great production, we will build out our Study Guides and Workshop offerings. We will create guides for self-directed learning and will engage educators from throughout the State of Nebraska in the redesign and planning of this program. e will bring together educator
In order to achieve these redesigned programs and meet our participation targets, we will be building capacity by;
- Hiring an Education Director, Marketing Director, and Executive Assistant
- Increase fundraising through expanded Corporate Philanthropy, Donor Acquisition, and increased Grant/Foundation support.
- Create a Monthly Giving Program for individuals
- Re-establishing our Community Board
- Rebuilding our Volunteer Program
- Deeply engaging with educators from throughout the State of Nebraska
- Revitalizing our Board of Directors through Diversity and Inclusion
- Create robust metrics for program evaluation