The Shakespeare Collective provides thoughtful and meaningful volunteer opportunities to members, focusing on individuals approximately 21 to 40 years old while cultivating lifelong relationships with the organization and arts.
- Attend special events throughout the year, including rehearsals, actors’ welcome party, opening night after-party and behind-the-scenes tours.
- Exclusive training and educational opportunities provided by the Nebraska Shakespeare staff and company through quarterly meetings.
- Free admission year-round to select Nebraska Shakespeare events.
- Exclusive seating space at Shakespeare On The Green performances.
- Grow community involvement, and résumé, through professional and philanthropic experiences.
- Meet like-minded others, who are also interested in helping cultivate the organization and arts.
- Contribute skills, and learn new skills, through various volunteer opportunities.
Those in The Shakespeare Collective are asked to commit a minimum of 10 hours during Shakespeare On The Green annually through thoughtful and meaningful volunteer opportunities, including:
Usher Nebraska Shakespeare donor members to their seats.
Answer questions, check in volunteers, and serve as the event’s hub.
Donation/Raffle Ticket Purveyor
Collect donations and discuss Shakespeare On The Green with park visitors; will also sell raffle tickets.
Retail/Souvenir Booth Helper
Help in the retail tent selling ShakesGear.
Walk the park asking visitors to complete a quick survey prior to the play.
Top of the Hill Host
Greet park visitors, help direct patrons to seating, collect donations, distribute programs, and count attendance.